After the stink we created with the numerous letters to management requesting specifically NOT to be assigned ‘Ted’ as our service advisor given all the negative experiences with him, we were assigned Gary (Tech) and Gregg (Service Advisor). These guys are truly on the ball and a pleasure to work with. They did in fact replace the microwave/convection oven (which Ted had refused to do), and did so with a more powerful and bigger unit. We had prepared a fully descriptive listing of all our issues, with paragraph and sub-paragraph itemization, indexed with photos and video of each deficiency. It is a common law of RV’ing that what goes wrong on the road, will never present itself the same way when one gets to a service center or dealer. So we always photo/video issues when they happen, so we can always support having had the issues. Here is our Service Advisor, Greg Hancock, who through his professional manner, excellent communication keeping us always advised of what was going on, and ability to keep everything working expeditiously, has restored our faith in Fleetwood and our coach. Our Tech, Gary Sautbine, is also worthy of our praise as he was always willing to tackle any and every issue we had (and even some that weren't on our original list, but developed later during our stay. Thanks Greg and Gary. Our thanks as well to Joy Higginbotham, our Customer Service (initial contact, passed down from Josh Hanicq) for seeing our frustration over our last (Oct 2016) visit and finding 'positive' people to restore our faith.
2. Microwave/Convection had water running through it due to a missing slide seal above it, which has been repaired, but the oven is still working on and off again as it chooses. REPLACED
3. ALL slides have openings which allow light (and bugs) in. All SEALED.
4. The windshield wipers seem to work on and off as they please also. Right now they are working except on just one speed. We found out that even the wipers need to be REBOOTED. Then they worked.
5. The surround sound on the main TV is not working. Even when it was working the base was so strong that it rattled everything and distorted the sound. FIXED.
6. The exterior TV and CD Player sounds are garbled. FIXED.
7. Footrests on salon seating have a screw that keeps falling out and will not allow footrest to be secured. BOTH FOOTRESTS SECURED.
8. Driver’s cockpit seat flakes from bottom. Taken to an upholsterer and REPAIRED.
9. Pantry inner shelved door mounted too low where it rubs on bottom trim. REMOUNTED HIGHER and adjusted the locking latch.
10. Washing Machine / Dryer closet was incorrectly fixed in 10/17/16 not allowing bedroom door to close properly when extended. Trim was also damaged at that time. REPAIRED CORRECTLY.
11. Satellite hookup for Rear TV does not receive satellite signal. Is not working. Also HDMI 6” cable was broken. REPAIRED.
12. Headlights LED Trim missing lamps and coming apart. REPLACED.
13. Outside trim at lower left corner of full wall slide, repaired incorrectly on 10/17/16. RE-GLUED.
14. Full wall slide awning is always loose and flapping. TIGHTENED.
15. Half-Bath lighting – 2 lights flicker. REPLACED BULBS.
16. Utility Bay blue hose needs supporting behind panel. SECURED BEHIND PANEL
17. Satellite Switch (lighted) above driver’s seat works to turn on the satellite but the switch light no longer works. When it did work it would get very hot which is probably why it burned out. REPLACED with a lower intensity bulb, that is cool to the touch.
18. Red light on water heater lights on ‘Electric’ instead of on Propane when pilot doesn’t light. Also when the Propane water heater is on it sputters as if getting too much or too little air. Water heater had overheating sensors which were REPLACED.
19. Awning Weather Pro Wind Sensor retracts the awning even when the sensor is turned off. The control unit was moved so that the Wind Sensor could be disconnected and re-connected at will, solving the problem.
· Checked on Cummins Recall on our ISL9 380hp engine. Thankfully it did not apply to our engine's serial no.
· Changed Oil on Generator at 200 hrs.
Since we complained about the driver's seat, they offered us an alternate seat that is guaranteed not to flake. Mary tried it for size but we both turned it down and asked for our original seat back... FIXED.( LOL!!)
If you find yourselves in Decatur for RV service or any other reason and want a great place to eat, do yourselves a favor and go to Gianni's Place, 916 N. 13th Street, Decatur, Indiana 46733-1124, Tel: (260) 724-4216. Ask for Chris (the owner), Gianni (his son), Alisa (waitress) and Joe (waiter). Be ready for exceptional prices, excellent food and generous portions, unlike most.
Alisa was our regular waitress, but she is anything but 'regular'. She was always cheerful and attentive... a pleasure to have her take care of us.
Kudos to Kroger Grocers (below) for adding a lean-to shelter outside their store for the Amish or Menonites to keep their horses and buggies under cover (of rain and sun).